Saturday, March 16, 2019

This is (font)tastic!!

Hi guys!! I’m really excited to let you guys know another element that Santi and I have made a decision on. If you guys have read my previous blogs, I have been having trouble picking fonts and my group members suggested to use something like what the movie Monster In Law uses and this made me extremely happy cause I have mentioned this movie a few times already. How was I so blind to not see the types of fonts and colors they use!!?? This is what it looks like:





The font we chose is called  High Society and it's the closest thing we could find to not make it look 100% like Monster In Law's font. 

Robert Luketic used fonts that represent the Californian “vibe” about how it always feels like summer there and he did a really good job. He used both warm and cool hues in the fonts and that’s what I’m leaning towards to also.

Anyways, this made us realize that we want to change our focus from colors like yellow and blue to more of like an orange and turquoise, kind of like there’s. Not only was it stressing that we wanted to change ANOTHER part of our film but it was also very relieving that we’re finally sticking to what we’re showing you now. Here’s the palette of colors we’re focused on using for the opening credits:



As you can see, according to my knowledge from my Aice Media studies class, Orange represents a happy, confident, and adventurous feeling. Yellow represents playful and satisfying. Lastly, Turquoise represents clear thinking and peace.

So fonts and color = check ☑️

Stay tuned for tomorrow!!



Peace and Love - Vale

No comments:

Post a Comment