Thursday, March 21, 2019

Do we use a phone? Nah let's use a drone!

Hey spring breakers!! I’m BEYOND excited that it’s the first day of spring break!! I’m ready to go to the beach, work out a little, hang out with my friends and family, and most importantly.. To spend time filming/editing and talking to you guys!




If you guys had read my latest post, you would know that I said I would keep you guys updated on what my teacher said about my questions, and I will. So, in the email of one of the artist’s managers replies, they said “we should be fine” to use their song since it is a school project. So my question was, if we could still use the song even though she didn’t type out the words “yes” or “you have permission,” and even if it would be put on YouTube. My teacher said we NEED verbal consent that we are allowed to use their song. My second question was if we could use the app Garageband that I had told you guys about and she said she thinks it is legal but it is frowned upon, meaning it’s not ethical.


Santi and I won’t give up hope yet so don't worry! To get my mind off of that, let’s talk filming!! Since there was early release today (Thursday,) Santi, Fran (a friend of ours) and I went home together to film some shots. Fran owns a drone which allowed us to film the car scene. If you forgot what the car scene was it is that we want a tracking shot in the air of the car driving. So something like this, but the car would be in a neighborhood:





We plan on putting the scene right after the establishing shots so that the audience knows that this film has something to do with the people in the car. At the same time, this scene leads to introducing the characters to the audience without using a voice-over.


We spent only about 2 hours doing this because Fran and Santi were going to be busy at 3, but we got the shots we needed and so far so good! Here we are, preparing to drive around in the car while Fran films!!





After we got back, I sat on my computer and uploaded all of the videos to Wevideo (online video editor) and started putting them in their specific order. Now we only got about 4 shots and I know that doesn’t sound like a lot, but hey.. It’s something! Either way, we’re missing a few things so we might go back again tomorrow to film the rest.


While editing, I also added some effects on Wevideo like “Sharpen,” “Brightness,” “Saturation,” etc. This enhances the video to make it look very sunny and bright!





Even though we already took the drone shots, we are still contemplating using the drone because it needs to look very precise so that the film doesn’t look unprofessional. Due to this, tomorrow, along with filming the drone shots we will also film the same scene but instead with our phones. Just in case we don’t like how the drone scene turns out, we will have extra shots of the same scene.


Hope you guys enjoyed this little sneak peek of how it’s going!! Stay tuned for tomorrow and happy spring breakkkk!!


Peace and Love - Vale

No comments:

Post a Comment