Friday, March 8, 2019

I've been stuck all along, why not pick a song?

Hi everyone!! Soooo I am conflicted right now and need your guys’ help asap! As of now, you guys know that Santi and I are doing a film opening and we need to create a voice over and an establishing shot scene. Yesterday’s post was all about the voice over and how we would create it. Today’s post is finally figuring out what type of song we would like to incorporate with the establishing shots when the film starts.



Remember, this is a movie about a family moving to Florida and two siblings going to their new school, so we don’t necessarily want a sad song, we want an upbeat song that demonstrates the benefits and the joyous life everyone lives here in Florida. Don’t get me wrong, life is HARD buttttt Florida is the sunshine state and due to the beautiful beaches, the bright sun, and the tall green palm trees, life here is like a movie! (at least for me ahahhah)

I’m beyond excited to see which songs you like best so here is a list of the songs we have in mind and if you click on the artist’s name it will automatically take you to the song just in case you guys haven’t heard it before! 

1. Rhianna : We found Love 


2. Starley: Call on me


3. Taio Cruz: Dynamite


4. Coldplay: Viva la Vida


5. Katrina and the waves: Walking on Sunshine


6.. Rascal Flats: Life is a Highway


Now I know the list is pretty long but we are seriously stuck on which one to choose so therefore, we will be contacting each of the owners of these songs to see if we can use them. With their permission, we will just incorporate the song with the shots and see the one we like best.

So far, we are leaning towards “Viva La Vida” by Coldplay due to the fact that the beat is not too fast but not too slow. This will allow us to incorporate the shots at the beat of the song so I will be showing you guys the email we will be sending to them. 

Ex:

 


If you guys can’t see what it says for some reason it basically says:

“ Hi!! my name is Valeria Parra and I have a question for you guys. I am currently taking an Aice media studies class and got the choice to create a film opening as my final exam. Towards April I would have to send this film opening to Cambridge (a college leveled program established in England) and I was wondering if my partner and I could use your song “Viva La Vida” as the opening for our film. Thank you guys for your time and please let me know as soon as possible!!”

-Valeria and Santino


I won’t be showing you all the emails because it’s too many examples, but we will be using the same exact email just changing the name of the song we would like to use.

So for example, if we were to email Rhianna, we would just say ………”I was wondering if my partner and I could use your song “We found Love” as the opening of our film………………” and then copy everything else in the email.


My biggest fear with this is that they don’t answer me or they reject me. I’m not too scared about them saying no, but I am scared they won’t answer me in time. But let’s be realistic, im guessing one of them at least have to answer me right? Either way, if for any possible reason they all say no or don’t answer… our plan B is to pick a song from killer tracks or email another artist.


Thank you guys for listening and please stay tuned for this weekend!! We will finally be starting to film!!


Peace and Love - Vale

No comments:

Post a Comment