Sunday, March 10, 2019

Fonts, Fonts and more Fonts!

Happy Sunday guys!! Today has been great! Since I finished all of my homework yesterday.. I woke up at 9am to go for a jog, I ate a healthy breakfast, did some Yoga, spent some time with my family, and now i’m talking to you guys!... I feel amazing!



Now let’s get to work! Today, Santi and I will be going ahead and choosing/styling some fonts for the credits. I found this really cool website called Font Meme and it basically has a collection of fonts that you can choose from. For example, it starts off by categories so I chose Drama based on my film and then it gave me more categories like the type of style and theme. Once you choose everything you’re looking for, it gives you the types of sizes and colors for you to be able to see how it would look. It’s really cool and it gives you a wide variety of fonts rather than choosing from Wevideo, IMovie, or even from Google Docs or Word. At the same time, if you still can’t find that perfect font that you are looking for, on Font Meme you can also search up what you’re looking for (if you have something in particular) and it will give you many links to other websites that might have it!





After some research, Santi and I realized that we want a font that represents elegance with crisp edges and rounded forms. Now, it’s not that easy to just type that in and automatically find a font.. But, we did find a collection of movie fonts that Font Meme has, which is great.

We decided to go with something called Clearlight font:




Something similar would be called High Society:




We decided to go with these two specific fonts and decide between two colors:

Blue

Yellow
Living in Florida means lots of sunshine and lots of blue skies, so using colors like yellow and blue could really represent the joy and positivity that people have when living here. I know they look bad right now but I know that once all of our shots come together, it will look great!

If for some reason we can’t use these specific fonts, we have a backup, don’t worry!:

Playfair Display:

Santino Lupica-Tondo
Valeria Parra


Merriweather:
Santino lupica-Tondo
Valeria Parra

Comfortaa:
Santino lupica-Tondo
Valeria Parra

Now remember, I know it looks ugly here so please don't judge, it's just an idea of the colors we are set on using ahahaha. Which can all be found on Google Docs, IMovie, Word, and WeMovie! Overall, we might just use Merriweather since it is a combination between Comfortaa and Playfair Display.

Stay tuned for next week, big things are coming!

Peace and Love - Vale





“Fonts Collection.” Font Meme, fontmeme.com/fonts/.

No comments:

Post a Comment