Sunday, March 17, 2019

Emails on Emails on Emails!

Hey guys! As spring break gets closer, Santi and I become more stressed, only because time goes by really fast and once spring break ends.. Our project is due the following week! As you all may know, Santi and I have been trying our hardest to contact different artists, managers, and record companies in order to gain rights to the songs we want to use for this film. To be honest, this has been the MOST stressful part of the film, and we haven’t even started editing yet! LOL. Every single day we keep refreshing our email accounts to see if at least ONE of them have answered and guess what.. two did! I have a lot of information based on this topic so bare with me guys.

First Artist’s manager that replied to me: Sher Harper (Katrina and the waves’ manager) for the song Walking On Sunshine.

 

Once they replied to me, I went in search for BMG’s contact information and contacted them saying:


Thankfully, they answered me back saying




At this point we’re getting annoyed because it’s only a song that will be used for 2 minutes, it won’t be reproduced, and we’re not gaining profit doing this, so why do we even need rights? Sorry guys, this has just been a hassle. Anyways, we ended up filling out the form, now all we have to do is wait.




Second Artist’s Manager that replied to Santi: Coldplay HQ (goes by the name “Debs”):




Due to her response, I need to double check with my teacher and make sure that what she’s saying is true, because if it is true then she basically just said it was Okay for us to use the song since it is for a school project. UGH I’m so stressed guys.

At the same time, my friend told me that I could use this App called Garage band where I can insert the song and change the speed of it. By doing this, it would be non copyrighted since it’s not the original song. I don’t know if I can do this so that’s another thing I have to ask my teacher about!

In the meantime, we have been searching and searching for non copyrighted songs on this website that I have mentioned before called killer tracks and it’s not going good at all. I truly believe that either Walking on sunshine or Viva La Vida are perfect song choices, so I’m just gonna pray and hope for the best! Permission to use song = not granted..yet.

Lastly, I will keep you guys updated with what my teacher says and if I receive any more emails. Wish me Luck!


Peace and Love - Vale

No comments:

Post a Comment