Thursday, February 28, 2019

Save time, make an outline!

Hi guys!! This week is going to be very productive and exciting for many reasons. I want to start off by saying that even though I have been very busy, I am ready to give this project my all and work harder than I have ever worked before! At the same time, I have some exciting news…

Santi and I will finally introduce our outlines for our film so that you guys have a better idea of what we have in mind.

We will get started on drawings and showing you guys not only what the film could look like but also our amazing artistic skills (haha, I'm joking)

Our storyboards will be finalized

Shooting schedule will be made.



In order to see all 4 plans in my blog, be sure to tune in each day! So in my last blog you guys know that in class we had a group meeting. Due to my group’s advice, I will be showing you guys my outline for the film opening.


TADA!!


Now I had made this outline before my group meeting and after my group meeting, I realized I needed to change some things. Everything in red is what we want to either add or take out. It’s no big deal and was just a quick little fix so here is the updated one.




We decided to be very detailed when making this outline so that when we want to film the opening, all we have to do is look at the list and follow the instructions. At the same time, we decided it would be best to make an outline on paper due to the fact that we can have it with us at all times, and it will never accidentally delete.


According to Aims Writing center:


“An outline allows a writer to categorize the main points, to organize their shots into an order that makes sense, and to make sure that each idea can be fully developed. Essentially, an outline helps prevent anyone from getting stuck”

Lastly, I found this website that gives you advice on how to outline your film (final draft) and I think it is very crucial in order to be organized. Click on the link and on the left hand side you will see many tabs. Ex: How to outline your screenplay. Then, it will automatically tell you many effective ways to start outlining your shots, edits, sound, and more!!

Stay tuned for more posts!!

Peace and Love - Vale



“How to Outline Your Screenplay.” Final Draft®, www.finaldraft.com/learn/how-to-outline-a-screenplay/.

“Online Writing Lab.” Using Outside Sources - Primary vs. Secondary Research - Aims Community College,  www.aims.edu/student/online-writing-lab/process/outline.



No comments:

Post a Comment