Thursday, February 28, 2019

Teamwork makes the Dream work!



Welcome back guys!! Let me tell you guys what happened in my AICE Media Studies class today. Our teacher, assigned us to be in groups to be able to discuss our ideas, our blogs, and our doubts with our partners. I truly believe this was an amazing way to bounce ideas off of each other in order to use them for either our film opening or magazine spread (whatever the members chose.)





I want to start by saying that my partners were 100% completely honest with me and gave me some really good advice to use in the future. I was the first one to discuss my blog and my ideas and although I was nervous of what they would think, they all supported my idea, along with giving me more!!





If you guys have been reading my blog since the beginning, you would know that in a teen drama (the genre my partner and I picked for our film opening) the opening can either start with establishing shots of where the film will be taking place, or a voice over that introduces the character to the audience. I was stuck on which to choose and although I liked the establishing shots better, my partners had given me the advice of doing both of them, and when the time comes to edit, I play around with my shots and see which one fits best!! I really liked this idea because it will allow Santi and I to have as many shots as possible.


At the same time, we also decided that in this film opening, we should include character development rather than the representation of the school. They believed that if I had shown the jocks, nerds, and popular people, I would have been jumping into the movie to quickly and I totally agree.


Lastly, my main task that they left me was to focus on the community (suburbs) that the characters live in, use both voice-overs and establishing shots, and end the film opening getting to the school. Guys!! I am so excited for this and If you still don’t have a visual in your head of what this film is going to be about, don't worry, I am focusing on the storyboard right now and will post it tomorrow!


Peace and Love, Vale

No comments:

Post a Comment